Digital Marketing Trends of 2019
New year, new you? Maybe–but what is certain are the marketing trends coming our way in 2019! Let’s take a look at what digital gurus are saying about this upcoming year:
As technology evolves, so do the design trends that dominate our digital world! Here are some styles that design experts are predicting will take over in 2019:
- 3D design and typography
- Asymmetrical layouts
- Art Deco
- Modern Mid-Century Modern
- The evolution of duotones and gradients
- Warm and moody color palettes for photos
- Light and delicate custom illustrations
- Buxom serifs
- Open compositions
- Isometric design
Tip: Designing for augmented reality (AR), especially when it comes to mobile, is going to be imperative in 2019. Check out this best rehab facilities near me on how AR is revolutionizing the way people buy products.
User Experience (UX)
Creating an optimal UX is no longer a matter of just making your website mobile friendly. Speed, personalization and conversational user interfaces are all driving factors when it comes to innovating your UX.
In fact, Google rolled out a ‘speed update’ this past summer, which made downloading time a major ranking factor for mobile searches bÃ¤sta-bredband.se/. As a result, check this out sites with slow user experiences are dropping on the SERP, and developers are therefore encouraged to prioritize speed and UX when developing websites.
Tip: Using technologies like Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) and Progressive Web Apps(PWAs) are great ways to improve UX and content quality overall!
According to the 2018 Communications Market Review, the following is true about the leading social media networks and their user demographics:
- Facebook – Usage is static or declining in most age groups with the exception of the older dem. (55+ age group), which is now the biggest group of members
- Instagram – There’s been an increase in usage across all age groups with the largest being the 25 – 34 year-old demographic, followed by 18 – 24 year-olds
- Snapchat – Despite popular belief, this platform is not just for teens! The largest user group actually happens to be 25-34 year-olds, and there has also been an increase in users belonging to older age demographics as well.
When it comes to B2B marketing, 15% of leads come from Facebook. In fact, there are reportedly 1,2 billion users in more than 200 countries worldwide and over 124.5 million company profiles. One way to tap into facebook’s profitability is to have your profile look professional but more importantly, you have to be plain popular. The simplest way to achieve it is to buy page likes from TheMarketingHeaven or any other company alike.
Tip: For more information on which social media platforms meet your company’s marketing needs best, check out Lúgh’s social media infographic!
Despite the strong adoption of instant messaging and social networking, email doesn’t seem to be going out of style any time soon. In fact, one study shows that an average 269 billion emails were sent per day in 2017—and that number is projected to grow at an annual rate of 4.4%, reaching 319.6 billion by the end of 2021!
Tip: In terms of optimizing your email strategy, it’s all about integration! Check out this great summary on email trends, which covers email integration with content marketing and omnichannel touchpoints.
Tip: Check out Lúgh’s blog post on the different email services out there to help determine which platform fits your business’ needs best!
After analyzing the digital marketing patterns of the last few years, the researchers at CMIdetermined the following key trends for 2019:
- Holistic content marketing strategies for supporting audience engagement, lead generation and conversions
- Large emphasis on content quality based on personas
- New roles and structure to support content marketing activities as investment increases
- Improved measurement of content marketing effectiveness
Visual content has also taken the digital marketing world by storm, from video, infographics, GIFS and other brand materials, which experts say will continue to thrive in 2019 the cheapest move out cleaning rockland county. In fact, video will account for 80% of all internet traffic by 2021, according to Cisco.
Tip: Learn how to develop a strategic marketing strategy with our blog on visual content trends and recommendations.
A Merkle report showed that Instagram ad spend will continue to grow as usage increases and better advertising options on the platform become available. Likewise, it indicated that while Facebook’s ad spend grew 40% year over year in Q2 2018, ad spend on Instagram jumped 177% during the same time period.
Facebook Messenger is also a great opportunity for advertising, with the 1.3 billion people that use Messenger each month. According to Merkle:
- 8 billion messages are exchanged between people and businesses every month
- 78% of people with smartphones use messaging every month
Experts say that native and video advertising will also continue to flourish in 2019, as video advertising overtook display for the first time in 2018.
Tip: Check out our blog on video marketing to learn how to engage and retain your audience.
So here’s to 2019–let it be even more innovative and digitally aesthetic than the year before! And stay tuned for more blogs from Lúgh, where we’ll continue to share the latest marketing tips and trends.