3 Ways to Make Your Content Voice Search Friendly
The rise of AI-technology and consumer-driven behavior greatly influence the way we do business each day. Ever since the launch of Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri, consumers are conducting more and more searches with voice.
With nearly 40% of Americans using voice to order groceries or read the latest news, it’s not surprising that companies are shifting the way they create and display website content. Website owners, SEO specialists and digital content gurus should especially take note of this. Whether you operate a large media site or a small scale blog, always be privy to needs and behavior of your audience.
So, ready to learn how to produce voice-ready content, please Google and drive more website traffic? Lúgh Studio has some insight for you.
Shift to Conversational Language
Since text-based searchers primarily type, their language is shorter, blunt and more precise. Voice-based searchers, on the other hand, want answers fast. When asking a question, they will hardly think of how to phrase it. Their language is longer, natural, conversational and passive.
For example, a text based searcher might type in “latest news Brazil” whereas a voice-based searcher would ask “What is the latest news in Brazil?” As you can see, content optimized for Voice SEO narrows the focus on aspects and the instinctual nature of human conversation.
Want to follow a more conversational approach? Follow these tips:
- Start by analyzing and enhancing your choice of keywords
- Study and anticipate your audience’s query style, questions and search intent
- Make use of targeted questions or even complete sentences
- Target long-tail keywords phrases
Optimize Website For Local SEO
The Meeker’s Internet Trends Report found that voice is 3x times likely to be local in nature. With that being said, website owners and small businesses should alway make sure their information is up-to-date.
For example, voice search optimizations for a local florist in St. Petersburg, Florida might mean updating their location, store hours, directions or even promoting certain plants and flowers native to that region.
Some tips to practice for enhanced local SEO:
- Create content based on local news stories or events.
- Create and optimize your Google My Business account
- Get regular reviews from happy customers
- Hone in on local keywords
- Use Location Pages or a Location-Specific “About Us” Page
- Take advantage of online business directories
Improve Website Loading Time
It goes without saying that a slow website can significantly harm your business. Loading time has a direct influence on website bounce and conversion rate. This same notion applies to how Google detects and serves your content to others. If your website is slow, Google’s algorithm will disregard your content and hunt for the next best thing.
Tips to increase website speed:
- Use compressed images and videos
- Reduce redirects and the number of plugins used
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Are you a small business or website owner that seeks to improve their website design, structure or content? Contact Lúgh Studio for a free consultation.